[AT] JD B resurrection contemplation

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Mar 27 05:50:23 PDT 2017

Any good machine shop can handle what you need. The problem is, as you had intimated,  is finding one to begin with. I had a great one but they retired. The place was a little gold mine but the younger workers just want to work for someone. They could have bought it but didn't. So I was on the hunt again. It took me a while, and I had to visit and talk with two or four before I found one. Any good shop can do any chunk of metal with holes in it and turn any crankshaft.

One note:  The flywheel on John Deere's, if they get a bit loose, will wear the splines on the crankshaft. It's not so much a problem on the early letter series tractors but still check it.  There are only a couple shops in the country that can correct that.

PS:   Parts tractors are your friend.
PSS.  You will have more in it than its worth but does it matter? (-;

Good luck!

Spencer Yost