[AT] JD B resurrection contemplation

Al Jones farmallsupera1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 11:21:38 PDT 2017

 We have a B, serial number is in the 297xxx range, that's a basket
case but it's a family tractor and my dad is interested in getting it
running. It was parked because the oil pressure dropped and though it
didn't seize, it was close to it. This was almost 30 years ago! Then
it sat outside for years, cover blew off the muffler, etc. It
originally had a roll-o-matic front end but the pedestal broke and a
standard front was swapped in, if we get it running we want to put one
back on. I'm confident that the block will need to be bored and
probably the crank turned, anyone have recommendations on shops to get
that done? I'm an IH collector so JD is like being on another planet.
Buying a good, complete parts tractor is not out of the question
either. We're in southeast NC.

thanks,
Al