[AT] Too many tractors

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Mar 27 05:24:30 PDT 2017

I have 2 Belarus an a New Holland TS110 that I use for haying.  A 7030
Allis or a 2-105 White pulls the swather.  The White has to have the
rear tires changed again so it can pull the swather this year because
the Allis is leaking at the steering.  The swather PTO weighs nearly 100
lbs at the tractor end and is a CV shaft that is so wobbly and heavy
that it takes 2 people to connect it. The NH will pull it fine, but then
I have to take it off to pull the baler as the NH is set up with the
baler monitor.  The White would pull the baler, but the PTO is stuck in
1000 RPM and will require a 3 day job to fix.   The NH and both Belarus
tractors have loaders.  But the 8345 Belarus is my go to tractor all the
time.  It has old fashioned hydraulics and the loader is faster than the
other Belarus.   The Load Sensing Hydraulics and the detents on the
control of the NH will get you into trouble a lot of times.   If I have
to load hay during hay cutting and baling, I still have a tractor to
work with.  I am getting the remote hydraulics on each tractor fixed so
that I don't have to disconnect the loader to work the rear hydraulics.
The NH requires another set of control valves ( I am using electric
solenoid valves ) the Belarus 8345 got a electric selector valve when I
bought a bale unroller for unrolling bales for the cows.

With my back and knee problems, I need a tractor for each operation and
due to the age of them, a spare for each one of those.     I followed my
Dad to the coffee shop about 3 times while he was alive.  I decided my
time was better spent working. If I could have harnessed the energy
spent and the fertilizer spread at the local coffee shop, I could raise
record crops with no expense!!

Cecil in OKla