[AT] OT modern computer controlls

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Wed Mar 22 19:19:59 PDT 2017

I'm an employee of John deere, but I don't speak for them.

This article is misrepresenting the situation. People claim they just
want to fix things, but when you really press then in it they will admit
what they really want is to disable all the emissions controls and/or
get more power. Of course John deere isn't going to agree to that, nor
will any competitor. The way the law is written the EPA will be after
deere for anyone who modifies their tractor

If you want to work on your tractor, all the codes are in a book that
you can order.  Any heavy duty scan tool which your autoparts store will
sell you will read the codes. That is enough to do most repairs.  It
isn't enough to replace an ecu, but since that only comes from deere,
the dealer should provide the programming.

--
  Henry Miller
  hank at millerfarm.com