[AT] JD 430 update

Dick Day dickday0 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 20:46:11 PDT 2017

I cannot remember where I found this...

If you have to remove the block w/ stuck pistons, turn it upside down,  fill
the pistons up to the tops of the skirts with liquid Nitrogen, Liquid
propane works too. Let it sit  awhile then try to push the pistons out with
a hardwood block or a heavy metal spacer that just fits into the bore, and
a hydraulic jack. Nitrogen will lower the temperature of the piston
dramatically and cause it to shrink, breaking the bond with the cyl. wall.  A
hunk of dry ice laid on top of the piston should do the same thing. If
you  have
a big press that would be great.