[AT] Not an Antique Tractor

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Sat Jun 3 07:00:28 PDT 2017

Ralph, that is exactly why I made the comment about the difference
between places. The coldest I have ever felt on a tractor was working
ground in December on my 1937 Caterpillar on one of the ultra-rare winds
from the Northeast which brought cold air from the central Canada area
down across Idaho and Montana, then the Northern Sierra Nevada mountains
to us. Gloves, coveralls, coat, boots and the heat of the old diesel,
yet SO COLD! And I was in my teen years and was still cold. I do admit
to have had nearly zero fat on my body and was skinny but still maintain
it was that cold 40-50mph wind from your neck of the woods.
      On the other hand, our typical temperature during the day in
January will have a high in the 60s or at least high 50s and a typical
summer day at this location the high will be in the 70s or low 80s. You
can see why cabs are a lower priority on many of our tractors here. On
the other hand in the summer in the Central Valley or my Panoche
location, it can be 105-110 degrees and a 50mph wind. Then we wish we
had AC and a cab whether on a tractor, irrigating or picking!
             Grant Brians - Hollister,California farmer