[AT] Not an Antique Tractor

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Jun 1 19:24:02 PDT 2017

On 6/1/2017 5:47 PM, Dick Day wrote:
> I'm not sure which impresses me the most... being able to maneuver that
> massive tractor or flying that drone with such precision.  Please don't
> tell me you piloted the drone while driving the tractor :)
No, I learned last winter after driving my truck into the ditch while
trying to fly the drone that it is
not a smart thing to do. After that I figured out how to use the
"follow" feature on the drone and it
will follow along shooting video  just fine with no input from me. Not
in this planting one though.
My nephew has his own Phantom drone and he came out to shoot some video
while I  concentrated
  on seeding.
That tractor and air seeder are pretty small time compared to some of
the rigs running in this area.
Couple of 70 footers working near me some days made me feel
insignificant. I'm happy with what I've
got though. I remember running a 12 foot JD Van Brunt seed drill and
riding  an open Cockshutt 50
tractor in all kinds of weather. So  I really appreciate the comforts
of semi modern machinery.