[AT] OT - but NOT: conflict versus cooperation and commonsense

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Jul 22 16:08:01 PDT 2017

Well done Grant but if things there are as hostile as they are here now
I suspect you'll reap some vitriol for your efforts.  There are two distinct
factions among my small group of friends on Facebook.  These are all
people that I care about and most of them know each other.  I tend to agree
with one of the extreme factions but I recently read an article that made
a good argument as to why those who think as I do might be wrong.
The article struck home to me.  It didn't totally change my mind but it made
me see the other side.  I decided to post it.  Well, immediately I got a
bunch of
praise from those I generally don't agree with and a larger amount of flack
from
those I do tend to side with.  Some of them politely perturbed with me and
thinking
I had gone over to the dark side.    Needless to say, I almost immediately
pulled
the thread down off my page.    Lesson learned!

In your case the argument is more than academic so I applaud you for posting
it
and I hope it helps.  Just don't hold your breath!

Charlie