[AT] slightly off topic, computer related

pga2 at BasicISP.net pga2 at BasicISP.net
Mon Feb 13 15:18:22 PST 2017

Charlie,
Personally I would simply back everything up to DVDs. This requires a DVD
writable or rewritable drive, but if your current computer is less than
5 years old, it probably has one. My program of choice is NTI DVD Maker
which has a backup function built in. Both of my laptos came with this
pre-loaded so I don't know if it is still available comercially, since
the newest laptop is from 2009 or so.
I just Googled NTI DVD Maker and found that they have updated the program
so it will even burn Blu-Ray discs, Check out NTI Media Maker 9. There is
even a free download of an older version available.
This is a really easy to use program. I used to use a different program
that I bought about 2004, byt when I got my first laptop in '06, I switched
and haven't looked back.
One suggestion, before you make any backups, run a virus scan on your drive
so you don't backup any bad stuff,

Phil in Tx.