[AT] slightly off topic, computer related

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Feb 13 14:45:34 PST 2017

I don't want to loose all of my tractor information and
years worth of ATIS e-mails, etc.  My computer is getting long
in the tooth and will soon need to be replaced but the main problem
with it right now is there is just too much stuff stored on it.

I have a 1.5 TB external drive that I'm currently only using for backup.
I'd like to partition that drive so that I can still back up to it but also
create a file location for photos and archived e-mails, etc.  I'd also
like to set the computer up to dual boot from either drive.  I'm trying to
prepare for the certainty that this machine is going to crash relatively
soon.

If I can get all of that done I can accomplish a couple of things.
1, I can then clean up the drive on the computer and see if that helps the
problem.
2, I won't have to worry about loosing data when it crashes.

The problem is that ever since about windows XL I haven't known how to do
any of this stuff.
This machine is running Windows 10 and it's really ill prepared for it.

Does anyone know of a utility, preferably free, that will help me do all
this stuff?
I have literally 20 years worth of book marks carefully sorted into files by
subject and I would
surely hate to loose all of that not to mention the pictures that can never
be replaced.

I'm not sure I am willing to slog through the process myself without the
help of some sort of
utility.  Even if I knew how.

Thanks

Charlie