[AT] Farm flooding update California - new info

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Wed Feb 8 10:09:03 PST 2017

Dave wrote:
> Hi Cecil, You must remember that BIG government is your friend. The
> judgment of those in charge of BIG government is MUCH better than
> yours, or all of us together for that matter. You must never question
> the judgement of BIG government because it is YOUR FRIEND and will
> ALWAYS protect you—even from yourself! Dave
>
>> On Feb 7, 2017, at 5:34 PM, charlie hill
>> <charliehill at embarqmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Cecil, after that particular hurricane there were stacks beside the
>> road in front of every flooded house.  I mean dump truck size
>> stacks with items FEMA had demanded be thrown away.  I have a
>> friend who installs and repairs TV's and Satellite systems.  He was
>> down there on a service call and saw a nearly new JD riding lawn
>> tractor in one of the piles.  He asked the owner and was told FEMA
>> made him throw it out.  He told the guy how crazy that was and said
>> he would have kept it somehow.   The guy said, "I'm just doing what
>>  they told me I had to do. Put it in the pile and wait for the
>> clean up crew to haul it off. If you want it take it, I didn't see
>> anything."  My friend loaded it up, brought it home and in a few
>> hours had it running good as new.  That's just one small example.
>>
>> Charlie

They pulled the same crap here. The local "garage" was flooded and they
told him to scrap his lift, used oil burner (mounted on the ceiling!)
A FULL toolbox and a bunch of other stuff that was steel or a simple
cleaning would take care of. I grabbed a bunch of it, cleaned it and put
it to use. Including the toolbox. Took about 6 days to clean it out and
salvage the tools but it was worth it.

--
Steve W.