[AT] Off Topic- Danville, VA , Northern NC area

macowboy at comcast.net macowboy at comcast.net
Sat Feb 4 06:53:32 PST 2017

Charlie,

I work in the quality assurance field. I have worked in the automotive, aerospace and now medical device industries. I have visited a bunch of automotive assembly plants in Detroit and around the country. The Avis bus drivers in Detroit recognized me I traveled there so much! I now work in the medical device filed as a QA manager for a dental implant company. We fall under the FDA regulations for medical devices where they basically lay out how you have to run your business as it is federal law. The have a specific Code of Federal Regulations that you have to adhere to. I also do a great deal of process improvement using statistics and other tools. The job I am interviewing for in Danville is for a QA manager for the US, Mexico and Colombia. The make pharmaceutical packaging which is also highly regulated. We will see how things turn out. I have to see if I am a good fit for what they are looking for. I'll know on Feb 13th. I am still impressed with the area.

Yes, I am a staunch 2nd amendment person. It is very restrictive here and only getting worse. In the 1990's I had a small gunsmith/sales business that was doing quite well. What got me out of it was they were going to hold me liable crimes committed with a legally sold firearm. They wanted to go after the dealer, distributor, and manufacturer. With 2 young boys I had to get out as one lawsuit would have crushed me. It is like we are behind the iron curtain in the North East.

Jim Thomson
Rehoboth, MA