[AT] Old tractors and old men

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Feb 2 20:10:16 PST 2017

On 2/2/2017 7:19 PM, Greg Hass wrote:
> This will be somewhat of a ramble  not being able
> to work without pain and even then taking all day for a 1 hour job does
> get me down. I hope my thoughts are sort of clear and are not to off
> topic as these problems affect old iron in a big way.
>                  Greg Hass
Sounds familiar. Seems every day lately I'm reminded of the old saying,
"getting old ain't for sissies!"
Some days the alternative looks better.  Seriously, if you don't have
good health it takes the fun out
of work and life in general.
Not admitting that I'm old at 63 but I've been suffering back pain for
the past week probably from
lifting that pto off the Cockshutt tractor. I knew it was not a good
idea but I'm a slow learner. Not
like its the first time I've injured my back.
So far walking has never been a problem but standing for long or laying
under a piece of machinery
is not as easy as it used to be.
Running older equipment here too and I'm just lucky to have a mechanic
in the family to come to my
rescue many times. I'm not good at asking for help though.
I'm not much help Greg but I do hope you get to feeling better and find
a way to take it easier while
still getting done what needs to be done.

Ralph in Sask.