[AT] Farm flooding update California - new info

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Sun Feb 5 12:40:08 PST 2017

Charlie, I found your description of the building manner very
interesting because it is in fact the way steel truss bridges used to be
built. Also, that solves another issue too beyond the where do you get
fill dirt from, it also makes wetlands able to continue filtering
pollutants and silts that may come into that area. I like it!
      I think all on this list might find it interesting to look at how
the new San Francisco - Oakland Bay Bridge East section was built and
compare it with how the original was built that opened in 1936 and only
was replaced 4 years ago. The part that interested me on the old bridge
the most is that the pilings in the silt were Douglas Fir first crowth
trees and were still solid after 80 years in the mud.... Now I am off to
another ranch to check the fields that we are picking from at the moment.
                 Grant Brians