[AT] now Power Steering

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Dec 28 09:44:06 PST 2017

I have a Chevy 2 ton truck that has very good but strange power assist
steering.
I never have actually figured out how it works.  There is a small hydraulic
cylinder under the left fender attached to the steering arm.  It is powered
by
what looks like a normal power steering pump.  I don't know what actuates it
but when you turn the steering wheel it "assists" and is very smooth and
accurate.

Charlie