[AT] Farmall distributors

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Dec 16 04:38:35 PST 2017

I have a couple of those old Sun distributor units.  They work great to
test a distributor and adjust it after putting points in.   Rebuilding a
distributor is not a big deal.  I started doing it when 3 remanufactured
distributors I got at the parts house were worse than the one I had.
Chuck the housing up in a lathe and run a reamer in it, then press a
bushing in and ream the bushing.  The shaft will be worn, and either
weld it up or now I use Belzona plastic steel to rebuild shafts.
Belzona has several Utube videos.   I am about to rebuild the Cylinder
rods on my digger truck with Belzona.

Cecil in OKla