[AT] Farmall distributors

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 05:51:24 PST 2017

I have a Pertronix on a '65 Mustang with a 200 6 banger that I'm slowly
resurrecting. The Pertronix is the way to go. I had tightened up the shaft
but the mount plate for the points was somewhat loose. While it worked the
dwell angle on the points was moving around a bit too much. The Pertronix
solved that; it's a lot more forgiving than points. Yeah, if the magnet
hits the housing you'll have trouble but if the engine was running with
points it'll probably be alright with the Pertronix. They also have a lot
more consistent on-resistance which will probably help with the coil to
make more consistent spark, especially during starting.

Just my $0.02

Ken in AZ