[AT] Coating for small engine mag

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Dec 8 11:55:57 PST 2017

Maybe not but I pulled my dad's A-C D-10 all over the yard one
day with a pickup truck trying to start it.  I had never had any
problem starting that tractor before.   My friend, who was driving
the truck, was a multi-craft mechanic in a local paper mill.
He pulled the plug wires out of the distributor cap.  There was
a fine white powdery residue on them.  Oxidation from the aluminum
in the cap I guess.  He wiped that off and put the wires back in.
We pulled the tractor about 2 feet and it fired.

Charlie