[AT] Hey George Willer!!! / No Portland this year

Ivan ivancou at atlanticbb.net
Sun Aug 20 18:18:24 PDT 2017

On 8/20/2017 4:46 PM, Indiana Robinson wrote:
> I was reminded of my / our old friend George Willer today... See the
> attached picture.  :-)
> There was a standard joke with George Willer for a number of years around
> the campfire at Portland or at other old tractor events among some of us.
> Someone would come back to the campground and say "HEY GEORGE!!!" George
> would respond and the person would say something to the effect of: "You
> know those one wheel Choremaster garden tractors?" Response was "Yeah?" and
> the next line was "I saw where somebody actually used one of those to make
> a butt buggy!" At which point fake amazement was expressed by all present
> and a large number of beer cans were opened, Herb Metz dozed back off and
> H. L. Staples would say something like "George, you need another beer, you
> are starting to look fuzzy"... Dang I miss those days...
> I think George actually started the Choremaster butt buggy joke...
> The picture was taken at the Decatur County IN tractor show consignment
> auction today (8/20/17).
>

> .

Farmer, thanks for the bright spot in my  day . George was a great guy .

I was excited , my doctor told me on thursday that I could finally
travel . I  started with a concusion in march ,still recovering in  june
spent 5 days in hospital for a nasty kidney infection . Endured all the
pt looking forward to Portland this year trying to recover .Only the
second show of the whole season .  62 miles from home on the first leg
of the trip , I looked behind the camper and it looked like a ship
laying fog to try and hide .  I imagine those driving behind me
probably had a really hard time seeing . A blown transmission line
sprayed most of the 10 qts of atf all over a hot motor . My buddy sent
the tow truck out to getthe roadtrek  along with a loaner truck so we
could tow the trailor with the side by side that we use to get around
portland .    Speaking of great guys Gene Dotson is due recognition for
the time he spends getting space for us to camp as well as being the
camping director for the campgrounds .  Last year he loaned us his golf
cart to get around on when our buggy spun an axle .   Charlene and I are
sitting this year out while the van goes back to the shop to see how bad
the damage is to the new transmission that was installed last year .
Next year .         Ivan