[AT] Hey George Willer!!!

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Aug 20 14:48:54 PDT 2017

I too miss George's store house of tractor knowledge but even more so his common sense.  I still have my Chore Master based Butt Buggy but it is in semi-retirement for a few reasons.  The traction on the single wheel just didn't cut it when both my wife and I were on the seat at the same time and we now each have a JD GT235 Garden Tractor we use as Butt Buggies.  The real advantage of these other than they are really good GT'sl they allow each of us to pursue our particular interests at tractor shows independently.   She has been through two knee replacements, back surgery and a hip replacement so she was pretty gimpy for a while. I've only had bad back problems and one knee replacement.  She is starting to get around pretty good now without the Butt Buggy except for long distances. I'm still pretty dependent on it although I have had Ablation, nerves burned on both sides of L3, 4 and 5 ,and am supposed to start feeling better in the next week or so. The DR told me it would only take a week or two to recover from the Ablation. The beginning of the third week I called the DR and told him I was in worse pain than before the Ablation. "Oh sometimes it takes a month to recover.  @#$%^&. I'm now into the 4th week will still pretty bad pain. We will see.  But,  the Butt Buggies are so danged handy for the long runs between events at shows. I'm grown to really like them.  I bought both of them for a song and have had fun fixing a few of their warts and then I added some bling by installing Chrome Hub Caps on the front and real wheels of both GT's.   The wheels are so shiny they gather a lot of attention,  some of it not so desirable.  But have been and are a kick.  I changed the oil on both of them when I got them and haven't had to add a single drop after several hours of run time.  The start instantly, run and idle very smoothly. Now after having to fix a few things.  The most complex problem I had was one wouldn't idle hardly at all.  After chasing ghosts for a while, I finally found out that two very small frost plugs had blown out on the top of the carburetor barrel. 3/16" and 5/16" Had trouble finding those right away so used a gasket hole punch to make the appropriate sized plugs out of a heavy plastic lid. That made the engine idle perfectly. Meanwhile, I found and purchased the appropriate Frost plugs to put in there but haven't installed them.  Not going to mess with it until it is broke again. Not going to fix something that is presently not broken.  I don't know if I have ever posted a picture of the GT235's.  Here is a picture of both of them before I put chrome hub caps on the second one.