[AT] staying hydrated on an antique tractor

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Sep 14 08:58:19 PDT 2016

Cecil,  I have the 30 oz  YETI and love it.
I've seen the Rtic too and it is nearly an exact copy.
I've seen some side by side tests on Youtube and they
all perform about the same except for the tops.  Somehow
the YETI top out performs the others but it in tests like putting
it in the oven at 350 degs for 20 minutes.   The YETI with
three or four (I forget the number) ice cubes and one cup of water
came out of the 350 deg, 20 minute oven with a water temp of 39 degs F.
and the ice cubes still intact.

Walmart sells some knock offs that are even less than the Rtic.  I hear they
work fine.  They and the YETI are made from slightly lighter metal but not
much.

With that said, a friend of mine owns an ACE hardware and sells YETI and
some of
the knockoffs.  He told me recently if you want one of the knock offs to go
ahead and
buy it because YETI is trying to figure out how to stop their production
through patent infringement
suits.  I don't know that it's true but that's what he was told.

At $40 bucks the YETI is expensive but if you use it daily it pays for it's
self quickly.

Charlie