[AT] John Deere Head Lead Washers

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Sep 1 14:03:27 PDT 2016

Ray,  you say you don't know if your Allis is a D-10 or D-12?
Is the serial number readable?  It is on the downward sloping edge of
the torque tube flange just under the gas tank sediment bowl.
It should say D10-xxxxx or D12-xxxxx.  There are some other clues but
right now I'd have to think about it a bit.  If you can find the serial
number
we won't need them.  Sometimes the number is hard to read because it
is simply punched into the metal with a set of punches and not always too
carefully.

The lead washers you talked about-are they on the valve cover bolts or
somewhere else?
if they went on top of the valve cover under the nuts they are simply to
seal those holes and
I believe were used in the days before modern rubber and steel washers.   If
they went somewhere
else I'll have to do some reading.

Charlie