[AT] OT Cadillac Northstar engine

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Sat Oct 1 21:44:44 PDT 2016

Cecil,

I have an engine swap on the project list. Mine might be a bit simpler. I have an 85 El Cameno that needs a replacement engine and transmission. Might also change rear end assembly and front axle assembly but this will be a lot more work to weld suspension mounts. I need to check tire track also before I start this. I picked up a Buick Roadmaster that has a bent frame. These cars has a Chevy LT1 engine in them. I have 2 options for engine controls. First is use the entire Buick ECM and wiring harness. Second is that there are aftermarket parts engine ECM's for the LT1 (5.7 or 350) engines. There could be

Issue is other projects - MF 35D that needs hydraulic pump/ram overhaul, C30 truck that needs transmission rebuilt, the engine I rebuilt installed in it, and finish the winch mounting , a JD 420 I need to split and change flywheels and install new Hyd pump, finish building my cabin, and overhaul engine on IHC 2504, etc. Also need to restore Case D and IHC F20  and Buick Gran National sometime.

I was fortunate to graduate from Kansas State in fall of 72, and God blessed with a job in the oil industry. I started in design and worked 40 years going between design, manufacturing, chassis engineering,  maintenance engineering, and started a small manufacturing operation in Russia for about 4 years. Started as Dowell division of Dow Chemical, and unit got sold to Schlumberger about half way through my career. Job was flexible enough to have a great number of experiences. Now doing some part time work for oilfield manufacturers and run a very small shop in Houston for one of them that is located outside of the USA.

Thanks
Dennis

Sent from my iPad