[AT] rear rim repair

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 19 17:28:28 PDT 2016

Thanks for the replies, it appears patching rims is an acceptable
practice. Heres the latest on the tire/rim repair. Dad called the tire
shop this morning and they came about lunch time. Service guy had the
tire off the rim and the rim off the tractor in less than an hour---Lets
just say he was seriously equipped for the job---air activated fluid
pump, bead breaker and jack. He carried the rim to a welding shop his
company uses. I called the shop at 4:30 and the guy was already 1/2 way
done with the repair, he felt it will be fine, despite some rust and
pitting. Ideally I would have like to have had time to clean the rim up,
paint it, and then let the tire shop put it back on. But this is a
breakdown, not a situation where we are putting on a new set of tires.
Normally this type of stuff I do myself or take it to work and let our
welder fix it to my satisfaction. This time around I'm just going to
have to let other folks handle the repair and pay the bill. I did find a
new rim about 2 hours away for $269, plus shipping. I could have had it
Fri if these guys couldn't get mine fixed. Good Lord willing we will be
be back running tomorrow, I've got corn land to harrow so I can plant
wheat and hay land that needs overseeding.

John Hall