[AT] rear rim repair

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 19:49:33 PDT 2016

There is a big difference in getting a functional repair so you can finish a job and what would be a lasting repair.  Our standard "on farm" rim repair is to drill a new valve stem hole in a better rim section, then cut out the damage and weld up a repair.  The best thing was a few old trash rims with similar profile and enough good parts to make a patch.  Sometimes we would just weld a washer over the bad valve stem, if we caught it fast enough.
We had one bad rim, but needed to use the tractor, I scraped off what rust I could, patched the holes, then wrapped about a mile of duct tape from bead to bead so the bad parts wouldn't cut the tube.  It was supposed to be temporary, but I think it lasted a couple of years.  :-)

Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com