[AT] rear rim repair

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Oct 18 20:23:10 PDT 2016

Deere rims are readily available, from both dealer and aftermarket.
Freight is the deciding factor when ordering.   Try a dealer for A&I
products for a good deal.   Many years ago when rims were scarce, I
welded many of them when working in the tractor shop.  We rebuilt old
ford and massey tractors and they all had bad rims.  I remember using
brass rod a lot as we did not have a mig welder.  A 3/4 washer was used
for the valve hole a lot.  We just made sure that  all the welds were
ground smooth. Then we painted the repair, and dusted the paint with
talcum before we installed the tire & Tube.

Cecil in oKla