[Farmall] practically new 140

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 28 17:53:38 PST 2016

How common are the 240's in your area? I've only ran across a couple
here.  I never understood why nobody wanted to use the 2 row machines in
tobacco. I had a friend who was a die hard Deere guy that bought a C and
used it one year in tobacco. There were quite a few C's around, but they
never enjoyed popularity cultivating except in corn, I imagine that
stopped in the 60's since they were so small. It wasn't until the 80's
that 2 row cultivation of tobacco took off--and that was with 3pt hitch
cultivators. I could see staying with one row units if that is how you
bedded your land, but 2 and 4 row bedders were around long before that.
Heck we used a 4 row bedder, a two row planter, and did all the
cultivating with  two one row Super A's. Stubborn I guess?

John Hall