[Farmall] practically new 140

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Mon Nov 28 09:49:17 PST 2016

John, I'll admit that I would prefer not to have to have those 34" rows
too. Running two sets of equipment for 80" and 60" wheel spacings is not
too bad, but adding the oddball for Potatoes is more challenging. Our
previous Oliver Potato planter allowed me to squeeze the rows a bit and
use the 60" tractors, but not this one. The yields are better at 34"
than 30" too as weed control is easier. That Farmall 240 tricycle makes
it easy to handle the cultivation.
      Where all of this does get annoying and hard is irrigation pipe
laying and pickup. With the different spacings, we have to try not to
move pipe between different spacings to avoid driving over beds....
      I had to chuckle about your garden comment. One year I planted 14
acres of green beans we had to hand pick - LOTS of labor bills. The time
I planted for the freezer and they came in with the self-propelled large
mechanical harvesters that was a really quick pick! 27 Acres in 11 hours.
               Grant Brians - Hollister,California farmer