[AT] Detroit Diesel was gas versus diesel trucks

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 22 16:19:01 PST 2016

On 11/22/2016 5:41 PM, Cecil Bearden wrote:
> A B model Mack was my first real truck to drive at the age of 12.

When I was 13 or 14 I drove a Chevy grain truck, 235 six, 4 spd, 2 spd
rear usually overloaded with ear corn.  I would follow my father to his
brothers place near the elevator at Gregory Landing.  The state police
set up a scales not far from there.  If they were set up he would unload
then come back for the other truck and send me home.  If they were not
set up he would call my uncle and send me on my way.

--
Don Bowen  --  AD0NB mobile