[AT] Detroit Diesel was gas versus diesel trucks

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 22 12:27:37 PST 2016

On 11/22/2016 10:57 AM, charlie hill wrote:
> Leave that to the Macks.
> No disrespect for the Macks, they were tough and powerful just slow and
> boring.

I drove a B model Mack to ferry it from Mojave to Modesto.  The owner
was to meet me there for a ride back but he did not show for three days
and was mad because I charged him for a hotel room. Another story.

Anyway that thing had more things sticking though the floor.  If I
remember right it was a 4 speed main, three speed aux, and a 2 speed
rear.  Plus there was a PTO and something else.  It was running light so
not all those gears were needed but it was still confusing.

--
Don Bowen  --  AD0NB mobile