[AT] synthetic oil - gas versus diesel trucks

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Nov 22 08:43:34 PST 2016

Brad,   I have a friend who is an oil jobber.  I don't know if he would want
me to
say who his contracts are with but he has a couple of huge contracts to
provide
bio diesel on government contracts.  Over the years I've done a good bit of
work for
him painting, insulating and heat tracing his bio tanks.  Being at the bio
terninal for 10 to 12 hours
at a time it didn't take me long to figure out how it works and I confirmed
it with his drivers.
He has tanks full of bio fuel, some tanks are veggie oil and some are animal
oils.  Tanker trucks
from his own company and other jobbers in a large area will come into the
terminal.  They have
a credit card like card that allows them to start his pumps and it records
what they get.  Here's the
typical case.  A tractor trailer tanker will come in carrying 6,000 gallons
of conventional diesel fuel.
He'll hook up the hoses and pump 600 gallons of bio oil into the tanker.
He'll drive away and it mixes
it's self while the load goes down the highway.  I don't mean there is some
mixing pump or agitator.
It just mixes.  That is bio-diesel!

Simple as that.

Charlie