[AT] synthetic oil - gas versus diesel trucks

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Sun Nov 20 07:11:41 PST 2016

John,

I Agree that my 5.9 is loud. But my EcoDiesel is very quiet, even with a cleaned exhaust. I do not notice a small and even my wife does not notice a small.
I have not noticed any smoke on it either. Most diesel smoke is unburned fuel. In the newer engines you normally do not get this unless you change or modify the chip to turn up power significantly. This allows more fuel than the engine can burn into the cylinder, especially on acceleration before the turbo spins.
I got a +20 HP chip upgrade on my EcoDiesel and I have not noticed smoke. There was a +60 HP option I didn't get that May smoke some.

Dennis

Sent from my iPad