[AT] synthetic oil

Dick Day dickday0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 19:58:13 PST 2016

My take on the question of synthetic vs non-synthetic is that you will
spend more, someone suggested that there is a chance that it might cause
older engines to leak, and... there is also a chance that it will make the
engine run longer before needing a rebuild.

I checked with the Husqvarna dealer who sold me the rider and he contends
that engines that run synthetic 'should' last longer.  Since I've had
synthetic in the Husky since new, I will continue to use it.  I also have a
case of it sitting on the shelf.

As far as the other engines it sure sounds like I could run the same oil in
all 5 of them. Jason suggested Amsoil 4-stroke synthetic. In reading about
it, it sounds like I could run that in all engines year-round.  I'm not as
concerned about the cost as I am somehow damaging one of the engines.  If I
see a leak develope I can always switch back.

This year when I have my oil-change marathon, I will have Amsoil ready to
go.

Thanks to all for the fantastic advice!