[AT] Field bindweed or morning glory

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat May 28 18:30:52 PDT 2016

Been loosely following this thread. There are two formulations of
2-4-D---amine and ester I believe. I have also bought some 2-4-D that
had something else mixed with it I believe.

I wonder if Banvel is listed for this weed? We used to spray that on
wheat, but I believe it works on other crops. Osprey and Harmony are
other popular wheat chemicals that may work.

As far as I know paraquat is still made, last I bought was a chineese
knockoff, the name brand I am familiar with is Gramaxone. If I am not
mistaken this stuff doesn't play well with aluminum--it destroyed my
Tee-valve (boom selector/pressure regulator.

Regarding Glyphosphate, I'm using Roundup ultra-max or something like
that. It's stronger than the generic stuff, I swear I also get better
results. I still add surfactant.

You local chemical dealer should be able to make a reccomendation. Some
of the products are labeled restricted use--must have a license to
purchase/use them. With any chemical, read the label first!!!

John Hall