[AT] AT Digest, Vol 145, Issue 25

Chuck Saunders gooberdog at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 10:37:13 PDT 2016

I think that the way engines are manufactured now there is a lot less extra
available for reboring and other machining work along with surface
treatments.It's like your new car comes with it's engine bored .080 over.
As a result engines (and other parts go out of spec from wear. Rotors don't
have enough meat for one turning much less multiple but replacements are
much cheaper. In order to build the engines on tighter margins requires
tooling that isn't justifiable to the local machine shop.

But over half a million miles is something to brag about, good job.
Chuck Saunders
KCMO