[AT] AT Digest, Vol 145, Issue 25

STEVE ALLEN steveallen855 at centurytel.net
Thu Mar 31 10:01:39 PDT 2016

This was written with tongue-in-cheek, right?

Neither I nor anyone in my family has ever had a Chevy Small Block fail, and the first one came into the family in the '50s.  But just in the last couple years I've lost two '99 Ford V-8s.  Complete failures, not even rebuildable.  And, of the folks I know who have bought "remanufactured" engines, it's about a 50-50 crap-shoot on their quality.  So, "assuming decent maintenance," give me my '69 327.  Sure, it's been massaged a little bit, but it has never failed (other than a bad valve, which was an easy fix) and has well over half a million miles on it.

No intent to cause a hassle, but I am no fan of the "new and Improved" (translation:  more expensive and unfixable).

The "original" Steve Allen