[Farmall] Farmall C oil pressure

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 20:38:03 PDT 2016

One more thing to check out on the Super C:
Once upon a time I had a tractor or truck (might have been my ,54 Dodge V-8
pick up truck) (  can't remember for sure) that not only ran low OP but the
gauge was sluggish and took a while to show pressure.  Eventually I figured
out that not only was the oil line to the gauge partially clogged with
sludge, but so were the passage ports at both ends.  Flushed it from ene to
end (including the ports) with kerosene from a pump can, then put back
together.  Problem solved.  Gauge moved as it should and pressure read
good.  I do not always get that lucky, but that was an easy fix.  These
engines with oil operated gauges are old enough to have possibly seen
neglect or non detergent oil at some point in their lifetime.

Good luck