[AT] trailer brake parts

Al Jones farmallsupera1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 08:45:40 PDT 2016

My tractor hauling trailer needs new brakes.  In doing my research it
looks like it's easier and not much more expensive to just replace the
entire brake assemblies.  Have found some that are way cheaper than
OEMs (they are Dexter axles) on Etrailer.com.  Anyone ever dealt with
them?

Would you replace the wheel bearings since everything's already apart
or just grease and re-use if they look ok?  Trailer is an '03 and
doesn't have tons of miles but most of the miles it has are pulling a
Cub, Super A, or similar.  It has the EZ Lube feature and I give them
a few pumps of grease now and then.  I'm going to pull it to Red Power
Roundup in Wisconsin this June and bring home a 3500 lb corn picker
and I want to make sure I get there and back with no issues!

Al