[AT] fuel transfer pumps

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Jun 14 19:27:05 PDT 2016

I saw something in the pump last night that I thought was a capacitor of
sorts. Turns out to be a bridge rectifier. Called the manufacturer and
they immediately told me what it was in, but they didn't really suspect
it had gone bad. So I called Fill-rite. Told them my problem and asked
if they could offer any help or suggestions as to the fast failure rate.
Without missing a beat they immediately blamed the rectifier and said
their engineers had come up with a newer circuit board to replace it.
Also said If I would give my address they would ship one out tomorrow at
no cost to me. Tells me 2 things, I ain't the only one having this
problem and maybe Fill-rite does build a decent product, just had a
large batch of field failures.

I'll let you know how the fix works. Thank goodness the combine and
grain truck are full of gas and there is rain in the forecast!

John Hall