[AT] fuel transfer pumps

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Jun 14 06:36:44 PDT 2016

On 6/14/2016 7:04 AM, Herb Metz wrote:
> Decades ago when gasoline was the main farm tractor fuel and all farm
> communities were serviced by gas trucks (single rear axle with dual tires),
> almost all farmers had the elevated tanks that Spencer mentioned. I am quite
> sure their pumps were powered by gas truck PTO. Herb(GA)
I remember those days. It is still similar only much bigger trucks and
tanks.  I still use gravity to fill my gas tanks but
have had a skid tank and pump for diesel for many years. i should add it
up some time just how many thousand gallons
of diesel I have pumped by hand. Yes, its a hand type pump, might be a
Fill Rite. Purchased new with the thousand
gallon tank. Every gallon of diesel used on this farm since about 1980
has gone through that Fill Rite hand pump.
It is the diaphragm type pump with the back and forth lever to operate.
Good exercise and no worries about the power
going off and leaving me stranded.
One of these days I might upgrade to an electric pump.

Ralph in Sask.