[AT] "discontinued" parts - Re: AT Digest, Vol 149, Issue 17

David Lines david at linesden.net
Sun Jul 24 18:13:22 PDT 2016

Replying to Ralph - Sometimes when they say it's discontinued, it's only
dropped from the parts list of an old model.

Example: I had a Ford Taurus wagon and the rear ball joints were badly
worn. I finally got desperate and took detailed measurements and photos
thinking I could get something similar that would work. It turned out
that they were the exact same as the front ball joints, mounted upside
down. So I got a set of front ball joints and they dropped right in. I
called Ford and they had completely (conveniently) forgotten that little
detail, and swore that it wasn't true. Except that the service manager
was very interested and took detailed notes. :-)
David in Fannin County TX