[AT] FW: Slightly Off Topic

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Jul 18 13:05:37 PDT 2016

On 7/17/2016 10:24 PM, Dean VP wrote:
> Out here in tree country I have come to the conclusion that there is only
> one brand of chain saw that I can trust. And that brand is Stihl. In this
> application I would recommend paying a bit more to get something that will
> do the job abd last. I'm still using a Stihl Chainsaw I purchased in 1976.
> It used to be used a bunch but I had everything mostly under control except
> this year some disease has hit several trees.  That sucker fired up again
> and went to work.  I'd hate to count the number of chains and bars  I have
> worn out.  Stihl is what the local professionals use and there are one heck
> of a lot of tree cutting done in this area.  Logging is a huge income
> producer here.  Even the local John Deere dealers sell Stihl Chain saws .
> This is one area I don't recommend buying cheap.
>
> Dean VP
> Snohomish, WA 98290
Maybe I just got lucky but I bought a bargain Poulan chain saw at the
local co-op a few
years ago. Complete with carrying case for somewhere around the one
hundred dollar
mark which is pretty cheap for a chain saw. I have not used it a lot but
it starts when
I need it and cuts trees down so I've probably got my money's worth out
of it already.

Ralph in Sask.