[AT] Tractor review.

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 06:16:21 PST 2016

They were listed when I was looking at tractors several years ago but I don't think I ever saw one, the dealers stocked 231's, 271's and maybe 281's.  I don't know what the difference was before the "xe" was added. Tractorhouse has no 251's listed, but does have a 261 http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=9659667

I suspect the 251/261 difference is fuel setting and maybe tire sizes.  I bought a low hour MF 255 instead of a new tractor.  A few years ago, a used 271 was at a local dealer that is mostly lawn and garden, but has "trophy tractors" for the near-to-town estates.  Compared to my 255, the 271 was "stretched" to a longer wheel base, it had more stamped metal that was rusting (I suspect someone had spread fertilizer with a 3pt tub and not washed the tractor) and was more of a platform tractor than a straddle tractor.

Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com