[AT] Solar battery charger setup

ATIS yostsw at atis.net
Mon Jan 18 18:12:23 PST 2016

My voltage readings were when I hooked the solar panel directly up to my digital multi meter. I did some reading a few minutes ago and it seemed indicate that the resistance within the battery would keep the operating voltage at 12 to 14 regardless of the panels capabilities. This would indicate you don't ever have to worry about  over-voltage conditions.   And you sure don't have to worry about boiling your battery with these little things.

Maybe someone with more electronic knowledge than I could provide a little more insight in helping us keep our antique tractor batteries charged.

Spencer Yost