[AT] Cold weather: 3 pt. snow blowers

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Fri Jan 15 09:43:14 PST 2016

Greg.
Being from Michigan, I can appreciate your perspective on snowfall. Last
year it seemed like I was plowing every other day, and this year, (aside
from the freak 17" we got earlier), I _really_ haven't needed to plow at
all. I can also appreciate the issues of getting on and off a tractor
umpteen times, as I am going though the diagnosis phase of some right
knee pain right now.

Have you considered a back blade for the 3020? Or do you already have
one? I have around 1200 ft of drive to plow, that I do with a 7 ft back
blade, pulling the blade. The part that takes me the longest is dinking
around the garage area; clearing the other 1200 ft, can be done it about
10 minutes, with one swipe each way.  If your tires are loaded, and you
don't have any serious hills I highly doubt you'd have any trouble with
that 3020, especially with the diff lock.

It seems to me that we (the list) had a similar discussion last year
around this time, and the consensus was that looking over your shoulder
gets real old, real fast.  Unless you have areas that drift really badly
and you run out of places to put the snow, a blade is easier to deal
with. Just my .02

Mike M