[AT] What to do

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 10 10:20:17 PST 2016

On 1/10/2016 9:57 AM, ATIS wrote:
> The skid steer idea did cross my mind, but only very briefly. Getting a tractor and replacing the 861  has the advantage of bringing in about three grand to help pay for all this when I sell the 861.
>

> PS:  Anyone ever used the older MF235/265 tractors with a front loader?   Some of the pictures suggest they might be short enough and nimble enough to use around my farm like the newer ones? I know taking it on and off will still be a pain.
>
> Spencer Yost

I like the idea of a skid steer too but like you, the price scared me
off so far. There are cheap ones and there are good ones. No good cheap
ones. You probably recall seeing my old Massey Super 90 on youtube doing
various heavy lifting jobs with the front end loader ranging from gravel
to bales to rotted manure. It works well but that front end loader only
comes off for major repairs on the tractor. It is an old, bolt on unit
not made for quick detach. I guess for a $3500 investment over 20 years
ago it has served me well. Not sure about the newer ones but if they
have a Perkins diesel and are anywhere near as tough as my old Super 90
I think you would be happy with one.

Ralph in Sask.