[AT] What to do

Richard Walker richardwalker at pobox.com
Sat Jan 9 18:12:31 PST 2016

> Spencer: Have you considered an older skid steer? Some of the older
> Bobcat and Case skid loaders are getting more reasonably priced and
> once you've used one you will throw rocks at a tractor loader. Brett
> Phillips

I concur with Brett and others about how useful you might find a skid
steer. The key word here is "older" - you want to run far away from
later models with their trouble-prone computerized electronics that take
a $$$ dealer service call to repair.

The drawbacks of any skid steer are 1) doing repair work in their
tightly cramped quarters can get frustrating (quite different from an
old tractor), and 2) when components fail like hydraulic pumps, valves,
and motors, repairs can become real expensive.

Photos of my old 843 Bobcat with shopbuilt forks attachment, currently
inoperable because of 1 & 2 above.

Richard