[AT] Continuing "What to do"

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Sat Jan 9 13:20:56 PST 2016

Spencer,

Remember, more toys win!!
Unless there are other constraints like parking, or a wife that needs to have as many diamonds as you have toys, getting a second tractor makes sense.
When I got my last tractor with FEL (IH 2405) I had several others: MF35 Deluxe, JD 420,  JD A, Case D, IH F20, Bolens 1502H, plus little garden tractors. I looked for several months and found the IH 2404 for $3K. It needed front bucket rebuilt which I did right away. It probably needs overhaul, but will work for years with occasional usage. I blew a few hoses that I had to replace. For the money I think I came out great. A newer 4x4 unit would be nice, but like you said $$$ are an issue.
I have enough project tractors to last for a few years of projects when I get to them, plus I have enough running to keep some on Oklahoma and others in Texas where I can use something each place.

Good Luck
Dennis

Sent from my iPhone