[AT] Bearing Application needed

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Tue Jan 5 21:59:42 PST 2016

Several years ago; turns out it was 10, the main cylinder bearings on my
IH No. 82 pull type combine went out. I was told they were no longer
available but they found 2 from one of those guys who buys old new
stock; at a premium price of course. This fall one failed again,
although 10 years had passed, it only did 200 acres. I think them old
new stock bearings probably had the grease dried out. Anyway, I went to
see what I could get. Was told they were a fairly common bearing (i.e.
fit several machines) and they had 4 in stock. Why wasn't that info
available the last time I needed one. These companies are so quick to
change part numbers and such that even they can't keep things straight
and we , the customer, end up paying the price. The other thing is the
person behind the counter. 90% of your luck rests on them. At our
Case-IH dealer we have two real good people and two that I will no
longer allow to wait on me they are so bad. P.S. I use the 82 pull type
combine to harvest the 26 acres of black beans I grow each year.
                Greg Hass