[AT] Having a little fun

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 4 08:05:18 PST 2016

I've got one of those helmets, but I tend to wear my headphones that have a radio instead.  I have the safety glasses with the magnifier bifocals built in, they are great as I get older.  They don't seem to fog too bad unless they are cold when I put them on, but they warm up quick.  They are wrap around lens that seem to keep the chips out.  I don't think the helmet would help much if a widow maker comes down anyway.

I've considered getting chaps, not so much for the saw, but for the thorns.  My problem is that they seem to be built for people with 30" inseam and don't reach the top of my boots :-)
I've got a lot of dead and dying oaks from the "oak decline" that has hit our area.  They seem to rot from the inside out, when they leaves finally die, they already have dead limbs that start falling.  Makes for scary cutting sometimes.  I've got one that is probably 48" or more at the bottom and sits on the edge of a deep ditch so less than half of the bottom is accessible to cut it.  I'm not planning to cut it, it's dropping limbs in every storm now and of course is right on our private road.

Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com